Sunday, February 1, 2015

MY BIGGEST FEAR


Looking back on the years gone and looking ahead to becoming a qualified special education teacher I feel I have conquered many fears from the day I set my foot to take this path. I've encountered a variety of students who have had varied learning and behavioral issues. Observing a myriad of teacher strategies I try to implement some of them in my class hoping for change in given situations

However I feel my biggest fear right now would be a student not complying with a assigned task and arrogantly proclaiming it in the class and creating a scene, which might or might not draw in a couple of students into the boycott. However much I know when a situation happens I panic and I'm afraid I'll say something that might escalate a behavior.

Reading through the resources this week has helped me to understand the amount of hours of preparation for a class is worth in the end if it means a great learning experience.Being proactive, organized, and watching out for precursors to varied student behavior will help minimize reactive situations.To be able to step back and remain calm will take some practice,as it would not happen every day! To be conscious not to engage in a verbal battle will take effort because I might just forget what to say when I panic.

I guess I'll overcome these fears just as I did the others in time to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment